Thursday, February 01, 2007

Long Break

Wow, so here we go again...

I apologize for the incredibly long absence - there are no good excuses, but I will say I have had quite a bit of difficulty adjusting to my schedule this semester - there seems to be quite a bit of free time, but never at the same times there used to be. In any case, now that things are settling somewhat, I plan on making a more concentrated effort on posting. Speaking of, I have a few posts that are in the works for some time this weekend/early next week:

1) My end-of-the-year movie lists - I've almost seen everything "important" that I set out for myself to see, and I shall report back on this shortly. In brief, I would like to strongly recommend "Pan's Labyrinth" and "Children of Men" - they are both excellent, excellent films playing right now, and you should see them before they disappear from the local cinema. These movies are big-screen experiences and deserve the extra time/attention. You'll thank me, I promise.

2) More posts from The Paterson Project!!! Several, several poems and songs are in the works and should see the light of day soon. Additionally, Conversely and I are planning a trip to the town of Paterson, New Jersey at the very beginning of March. We will certainly keep any and all interested parties informed about this experience.

3) Music reviews: I'm currently digesting the new Explosions in the Sky record, the new Shins, the new Andrew Bird (to be released in April!), the new Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! and many others. I'm not much for musical top tens, but I think I might at least put up my personal favorite 5 or 6 records from last year and the ones I'm most looking forward to in 2007.

4) Oscar picks! This is where the money is. If you have an office pool, you need to keep checking back here until this goes up. I have won Oscar pools with my friends three years running and I am also the reigning champion at both the Dutch Square Mall Waldenbooks AND the Harbison Blvd. Best Buy. I am an Oscar betting machine. Get in on this while the getting is good.

5) Braves, Braves, Braves. The greatest of all games is soon to start again, and I will have to share my thoughts, hopes, dreams, etc. with the blog-o-sphere at large as soon as possible. My hope is that Conversely will engage in a similar project...

So, with all of this on the horizon, I once again feel daunted. Thanks for nothing, Internet.

Talk to you soon,
T. Az

2 comments:

brd said...

We missed you and are very glad to see you are back. Looking forward to Paterson patter too.

brd said...

It's a good thing you let me know about the Paterson poems. I had become very sporadic in my clicking!!!! I will enjoy this evening.